Data Managment and Informatics
The Vanderbilt Specialized Chemistry Center for Accelerated Probe Development, the Vanderbilt Center for Neuroscience Drug Discovery (VCNDD) and The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology (VICB) are interested in hiring Data Management and Informatics professionals to work as parts of multidisciplinary Drug Discovery and Research Tool Discovery and Development teams. The successful candidate will closely match one of the two profiles listed below.
This individual will have responsibilities primarily involving development of applications within SharePoint 2010 to provide tools for chemists and biologists in a life science and drug discovery research environment. Other roles will involve ASP.NET MVC development with C#, creation and enhancement of tools to automate software testing and deployment, and relational database design and development.
This individual will have responsibilities primarily involving development of applications to provide tools for chemists and biologists in a life science and drug discovery research environment. Development will involve ASP.NET MVC with C#, design and querying of relational databases, use of scientific workflow management tools such as Pipeline Pilot, creation and enhancement of tools to automate software testing and deployment, and generally thinking of good ideas and executing them.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience developing and deploying software in a SharePoint 2007 or 2010 environment.
- Proficiency in C# 4.0, including generics, LINQ, and lambdas.
- Proficiency in translating a conceptual model into a set of relational database objects.
- Proficiency in creating efficient SQL queries that interact with a large database schema.
- Ability and aptitude to automate a broad diversity of data capture, reduction, analysis, archival and reporting processes.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A clear record of accomplishment working in a team-based scientific environment
This is a full-time position; 40 hours per week. Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Vanderbilt is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and Vanderbilt policy, smoking is prohibited in all buildings on Vanderbilt property and on the grounds of the campus with the exception of designated outdoor smoking areas.
Vanderbilt is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer
Please check the Vanderbilt Human Resources Jobline for current position openings.